A Brief History of Eastern Atlantic Insurance Company
- Eastern Atlantic was established in 1985 by the founder of Residential Warranty Company, LLC (RWC), one of the largest providers of 10-year structural home warranties in the United States, to insure home warranties provided by RWC.
- In 1990, due to RWC’s rapid growth, a risk retention group was formed to insure the warranties and Eastern Atlantic became dormant for a number of years.
- In the mid-90s Eastern Atlantic’s capital and expertise were utilized in reinsuring a multi-state commercial auto program. This introduced the company to the transportation industry and led to the expansion of the staff to include a number of experienced truck insurance professionals. This beneficial experience paved the way for the company’s next opportunity.
- In 2002 our founder was presented with an opportunity to insure owner / operators and small fleets in our home state of Pennsylvania for a general agent with whom he had done business for years. Eastern Atlantic was re-born.
- In close cooperation with our trusted general agent, Eastern Atlantic gained a good reputation in the Pennsylvania trucking community and regularly achieved an underwriting profit over the next six years.
- Eastern Atlantic has maintained its A- Excellent rating from AM Best since earning it in 2008.
- From just our home state, we now offer coverage for owner / operators and small fleets in 13 states. Our product line has expanded from Auto Liability and Physical Damage to include Cargo and General Liability.
- We are now represented by four general agents who have exclusive access to Eastern Atlantic in their territories.